Carved Animals by Sandra Healy

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Rescuing a Dark-eyed Junco

This Dark-eyed Junco flew into my sunroom; I really need to screen the door because it's happened twice in the last two days. It was in quite a panic, trying to fly through the window and resolutely avoiding the open door and window. But I got my hand around the little thing and took it outside. I just happened to have my camera in my pocket so was able to snap a photo before it flew away, free at last. 

Shortly after this another one, I hope it wasn't the same one, flew into my kitchen through the open door. Alas my open door policy has gone awry. That one was easy to capture against the kitchen window, then released.
I make a carving of a Dark-eyed Junco (also known as an Oregon Junco; it's a nice way to remember these birds which are so common at the bird feeder. 
This carved Junco is available to purchase here. The one in the other photo is not available!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...