Carved Animals by Sandra Healy

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Ground Beetles Airbrush Painting


One day when I was running on the logging roads near home, I spotted some beetles in a nice uneven circle eating something which looked like the remains of a banana slug. Scattered under them were old redwood branchlets of a lovely orange hue. I snapped the photo with my little camera carried in my running pack. That was a few years ago; a few days ago I remembered the photo and decided to recreate it as a painting done with airbrush. It's about 5 by 7 inches.

I don't carve any beetles, in fact my Artfire studio is sadly lacking in insects. I do have a couple of butterflies (Monarch, Acmon Blue, and Blue) and also related to this painting have a Banana Slug.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...