Carved Animals by Sandra Healy

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Painting a Peacock



I just finished this Peacock carving. The next time I do one of these I should make a sequence showing how it is painted, but I get so into the job, that the thought never enters my mind. There are lots of steps to get all the colors in!
  • I paint the dark green around all the eyes, using a bit of plastic cut to the shape to block the airbrush spray from them. Also use various shaped plastic to block spray from the wings.
  • The light blue shape is sprayed through a hole cut in the plastic sheet, and the dark blue is drawn on with a marker.
  • Yellow sprayed around the outside, orange inside that. 
  • A bit of purple spray softens the sharp line.
  • Gel markers suggest the vein and add a bit of sparkle.
You can find a carved peacock at Artfire (more photos are there also)and one will soon be added to my Etsy shop as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...