Carved Animals by Sandra Healy

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Beaches near Mora & La Push

I left Ozette and drove to beaches near Mora, farther south. First was Rialto Beach, which was mostly cobbles. I'd thought to walk north 1.5 miles to an arch, but it seemed like the waves were washing pretty far up the beach already and the tide was coming in, so I didn't go that far.



I drove around to the .7 mile trail to Second Beach trail south of Quillayute river, which had beautiful sand and rocks. Paying attention to my footing I almost stepped on an otter. It seemed totally unconcerned and just kept nipping off little shelled animals and crunching them up. I think it was a youngster.




I continued driving and camped at the Hoh Rainforest.



No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...